Last week, I was honored to participate in the Eurasian Week Forum, an annual event aimed at the development of the Eurasian Economic Union’s (EAEU) economy, investment and export potential, during my visit to Astana, Kazakhstan for EXPO-2017. The Forum served as an effective platform for developing business-to-business contacts, discussing tools and conditions for business development in the EAEU, and elaborating the strategy of EAEU economic development in the context of global challenges.
Representatives from ministries of finance, tax administrations, academic institutions, and the private sector gathered in Paris on 26-28 June 2017 for ITIC’s 13th annual Eurasia Tax Forum. The themes for this year’s Forum were recommended by regional officials and investors, and they included the following:
- Tax Reform: Principles in Practice
- Continuity and Change in International Tax
- Taxation of the Digital Economy
- The State of Play in Energy Investment
- Natural Resources Taxation in Eurasia
- Tax Issues in the Services Sector